Bike Pics January-February 2024

January and February were two more surprisingly great months for riding here in the Hub City. (Every photo was taken inside Loop 289.) As the weather gets better so does the riding and the bike-building daydreams.

1.9.24 (Vaquero Lake)

1.10.24 (Clapp Park)

1.13.24 (OGB at Mae)

I am excited to ride in March (regardless of the wind). Just having the opportunity to be outside as nature comes alive fills me with anticipation. Getting to ride a bike through it makes it that much more exciting.

1.17.24 Worksman Klunker near the icy Mae Simmons dam.

1.18.24 I'm enjoying this bike a great deal!


I have this crazy dream of hosting a little klunker ride/race/jamboree with all my friends who ride klunkers. (That really just means Spencer and I would get matching T-shirts and ride around doing coaster brake slides on dirt trails.) I thought it might be cool to build a few extra klunkers so we could invite other idiots to ride with us. I just need to get my hands on a few more coaster brakes...

1.24.24 (OGB at Mae)

2.5.24 (Clapp Park)


3 re-CYCLE candidates

Spring bike rebuilding also me excited. I have a corner full of bikes to fix up and give away. It's a nice way to share something useful and joyful with someone who can use it and it feels satisfying to keep another unloved bike from the scrap pile. Reduce, re-use, & re-CYCLE!

2.7.24 (Mae near the East Loop)

2.10.24 (OGB at Mae)

I've also been wanting to build a Swiss-army-knife of an e-bike on the Schwinn Heavy Duti frame. I want it to be on and off-road capable while still being a comfortable cruiser. I have a hub motor that needs to be laced into a good rim and a Suntour supension fork. Just needing time and space to get it all together.

2.13.24 (I love a good sunflare and paved alleys!)

2.19.24 (Leftwich after work)

(Leftwich before work)

2.23.24 (Mae Simmons)

What's your sign?

(Aztlan)

2.24.24 (OGB at Mae)

2.26.24 (Just a parking lot)

Here it is Leap Day and snow is falling outside. Tomorrow the forecast tells us it'll reach seventy-six degrees. Welcome to Lubbock! Tomorrow I'll ride again, but you'll have to wait for the March edition for that picture.

Thanks for checking in. I pray you have great riding weather; and the time, the resources and the health to enjoy it. Be well, friends!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)