Having your Cargo Bike Cake (and eating it too!)

A few months ago I was faced with a tough ebike decision - should I choose a conventional bike or a longtail cargo bike for my daily commuter. After literally years of desperately wanting a Radwagon, I came to the conclusion that I really need a cargo bike for about 5% of my bike rides. I knew that percentage would go up if I had a cargo bike, but I was not sure how much. I opted for a Juiced OceanCurrent, and I'm very (VERY!) happy with it 95% of the time.

But that other 5%...

Enter a new German Kickstarter campaign for an electric convertible cargo bike - the ConverCycle!


Longbike

Just a quick flip

Conventional bike

I won't tie up your bandwidth by reposting the videos, but it's pretty mesmerizing. No tools, no mess. Just flop the rearend over and ride away.

Man that thing is cool!

If you're a super-early bird, you can order yours for $1074! Not bad at all for an electric longtail cargo bike. (Not sure what the shipping will look like.) If you're just an early bird, the bike will cost you $1187 - still quite a deal!

It's a 5-speed with a 250-watt hub motor, so it's fully legal in Europe (and no problem at all in the USA). The electric side tops out at 15mph. So, it's no monster, but hey, any help is good help when you're hauling a load, right?

Be sure to check it out on Kickstarter. If you're interested, be sure to act before December 31!

Who knew you could have it all without overcrowding your parking situation?

May we all find a healthier way to get around while still burning enough calories to eat our cake guilt-free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)