Mortified or Ecstatic? A new Mongoose Cargo Bike?

So there I was researching a new post about two new electric cargo bikes on the market when I ran across something truly shocking - a youtube video of a pro rider putting a Mongoose Envoy Cargo Bike to the test on a mountain bike trail. What the heck? Really? A Mongoose cargo bike? Wowser!!!

So, I clicked the link and dumbfoundedly watched a thing I never expected to see going up and down and over and such with happy music playing in the background.

I went straight to Mongoose.com and found nothing.

So I went to the google and found Canadian Costco. And I started scheming about getting my Canadian buddy who's a bit of smuggler... (Just disregard that line.) 


So, I figured it'd be a while before they hit the real world and watched the video again:


Then I went back to the google and found evidence of at least one that is already in the real world:


A trip back to the google landed an article from Spinning Magnets (very cool guy from the Endless-Sphere forum) which contained a lot more info and photos


 This is why I suck at being a minimalist! Honey, where's our Canadian Costco card?

Okay, y'all know me better than that. Now I just wonder how long I'm gonna have to wait for one of these to pop up on Lubbock Craigslist, snagit!

May you enjoy the mortification and the ecstasy of learning about this strange new beast in the cargo bike herd.

Enjoy the ride and quit burning gas, snagit!

Editorial Addition: You can find the Mongoose Envoy at Mongoose.com - just don't try searching for "envoy" or "cargo" on the website's search tool. Click here instead.

Another Editorial Addition (7/8/2019): The Envoy is no longer listed on the Canadian Costco site, and that is the only place in North America they've shown up for sale. Hmm...

Yet Another Editorial Addition: The Envoy is now available in the US. Click here for that post.

Comments

  1. yeah I currently have three bicycles right now one of them being an electric bike and I also have a electric hub motor just sitting in my bedroom and I really want to electrify one of my other bikes but leaving my options open I came across this Mongoose envoy but there are nowhere to be found at the 500 bucks that's really hard to beat like you said on this article I just came across your article just fishing around I'm really hoping it finally comes to the states I guess we're both kind of holding our breath. Just wondering if you've seen anything new come up I appreciate you putting this out the internet cuz it seems like very few people know about it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)