A 2Wheels Two-Wheeler Update, March 2021

A lot going but not a lot of posts lately, so I figured a little update and let you know what you might see in the future.


I rebuilt my first wheel. This one needed a new hub, so I replaced the old one with a disc-compatible hub. After watching three youtube vids, I spent about 90 minutes lacing it up. The next day I spent an hour straightening, truing, and tightening it. It may sound weird, but it was one of the most satisfying and calming projects I've tackled in quite a while. I can't wait to tackle my next one. (Spoiler alert, it will either be a rear hub motor or a front drum brake into a 26" rim. Stay tuned!)

Farewell, Old 9917

The black Worksman klunker unexpectedly found a new home. (Remember - lock up your bike - even at your local coffeehouse. I hope it went to someone who needed it.)

A new Worksman to build! (Woohoo!)

So, I purchased another frame from my favorite seller on Rat Ride Bikes. Coincidentally, it came with a terrible paint job that matches the rebuilt wheel.

The biggest project lately has been the garage cleanup/work shop renovation. (More later.)

A big part of the cleanup has been a decluttering.


The Fuji Folder also left, but on much better terms. It is now living in a motor home and getting to see the USA one KOA at a time.


The unfinished electric minibike just left too. It's been traded for a very old and cool balloon-tire bike. (More later.)


This Schwinn, a bunch of old Vespa parts, and some old LPs are also looking for new homes.



The Schwinn Heavy Duti is racking up the miles - and it gets locked up every time it's parked. Also, the Motobecane has seen a lot of off-road action out at the Mae Simmons Mountain bike trails.

A few other quick notes - I'm helping a friend who is converting an old Puch motorcycle to electric, and I can't wait to share that with you. Along the way I've been jonesing to upgrade the electric Vespa and the Voloci. And the Silver Pigeons keep calling my name. Then there's the desire to build an electric klunker with a mid-drive motor. So many things...

Life is good here in the hub city and I hope it is for you as well. Keep pedaling and stay of the gas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)