"The New Electric Bike I Want this Week" Meets "Where are they now?" Zooz BMX is back!

[This week's minipost.]


I am excited about this bike!

I've been sitting on the Where are they now? draft version of this post for a while. After seeing the original crowdfunding campaign not make it for the Zooz, I feared that the bike would turn into vaporware, but I've been watching and have been elated to see that the electro-BMX-hooligan bike hasn't faded away.

You see, I love my current e-bike as a commuter. For how and where I ride it, it is the perfect machine.

But once in a while I think back to my first factory-built e-bike. It was this bike in silver:

Currie Technologies Men's eZip Trailz Commuter Lithium Electric Bicycle -  JamieWinters93 
The 24volt Currie E-zip Trails (bought on closeout at Best Buy)

I was a dozen years younger and 35 pounds heavier than now. And it was a terrible bike, but I did not know it. I started commuting to work on it and quickly came to think of it as this:

New 2020 Yamaha YZ250 Motorcycles in Team Yamaha Blue for Sale
But I was wrong.

It was designed for someone 100 pounds lighter than me who would ride it timidly.

Riding home from work one day, the bike and I got air -  about 12" of it. When we landed, the rear wheel was more of a football shape than a sphere.

It was a long walk home.

My current e-bike is a great deal tougher, but I ride it timidly and try to will myself to be 65 pounds lighter as I ride. I want this bike to have a long, dependable life.

But I miss those few days of flying recklessly through the air on my e-bike. Man, it would be cool to have a bike tough enough to fly!

Back in February of 2019, I discovered the Zooz e-bike, and my hopes took flight very briefly.


All of that is to say that the Zooz is back, it's a bad mamma-jamma, and it's offered in 3 models now. Gone are the moped wheels of the original. They are replaced with heavy duty 24 or 26 inch bicycle wheels. Besides the wheel changes, most parts have stayed true to the originals from the first post. Here are the three with their pricing:



That's what I'm talking dreaming about (watch it here)

Happy Friday, friends! May you fly without fossil fuels, breakdowns, or injuries!

And may you be well!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)