Fossil Free Friday: Super-Tempting Indiegogo 2-Wheeler - BLACKTEA Motorbike

Black Tea -  they didn't hook me with the name, but the price, the stats, and the simplicity - goodness...


I'm blaming this one on Greg and Micah. Greg's been talking to me about converting an old Allstate Puch Saber to electric and Micah Toll already ordered a BlackTea citing non-buyers-regret from the Onyx launch.


Just like Greg and I had been discussing - 72 volts and 3000 watts seem to be the sweet spot for small electric motorcycles. It should be able to cruise easily at 45mph and have a 35-mile range on just one battery. (BlackTea gives the option for a second battery to double the range.)

It's been an ongoing discussion around here - a smallish electric electric scrambler. It was a growing flame in my project list that really heated up with the Fly Free Smart campaign. Back in the early 1970s, little gas-powered scramblers were everywhere and they were great fun and very economical transportation. From Honda to Hodaka, dozens of companies were selling 50-300cc trailbikes.
And I wanted almost every one of them - but that is especially true of the Yamahas (Japan), the Bultacos (Spain), the Can-Ams (Canada) and the Hodakas (Oregon/Japan). I keep wanting to convert one of those old bikes to electric, but that whole time/money thing keeps getting in the way.

All of that is to say that, man, it would be nice if I could just order one that's already developed and inexpensive.

A few more views


$3211 here in the USA - nice!

So, as I daydreamed about the BlackTea, I started imagining it in different colors and themes

A pinch of Yamaha?

A slice of Spain?

As I was getting ready to post this, BlackTea came up with some pics from an updated version:


So I had to take a few more shots at just the right recipe:

A bit of Bultaco BlackTea?

A cup of Can-Am?

Okay, I'll quit now. But if you're like me, this may be your chance to find an eco-friendly scrambler to redecorate just the way you like it for a little over $3000.

May you dream in carbon-neutral technicolor, and may you be well!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)