Suburban Nature Break on a Bike

A downside of working from home (please don't throw things at the screen) is that I miss my work commute. Yes, I know it sounds a bit loony, but I actually enjoy my commute to work on the electric (and sometimes non-electric) bike. I don't miss the driving days, but those 3-4 days per week endcapped by five miles of riding, mmm, good stuff! Life is better on a bike!

Intimidation - this little broken bridge - my nemesis!

A handful of blocks away from home is a park with a natural wildlife habitat, so I've been taking quick nature breaks. In under ten minutes I can be sitting in a quiet place with no walls or windows and the most obnoxious neighbors are the red-winged blackbirds.


After more than three decades here, there are days I get tired of Lubbock, but little breaks like this, bike rides and bird watching and all the little details - I come to realize that it's not the place so much as the approach to the place. 



A little bigger than a mesquite - still huggable

same tree

Almost sunny

Grackle

Mallards

I know - it doesn't look like Lubbock at all.

The Specialized has a few new spring upgrades - a working front shifter and a new bottom bracket. I replaced a few cables and rebuilt the rear hub It's a great bike to ride! Mountain bikes make great suburban commuters.

The local bike trails are a bit full these days, but the alleys...


Be watching (patiently) for a YouTube channel

May you be well and pedaling, friends!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Cannoli, Mongoose Man! The Envoy Cargo Bike is coming to the US!

Mortified or Ecstatic? A new Mongoose Cargo Bike?

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)