Electric Trials Bikes, Analog Trials Bicycle, a Cargo Bike, and 2 Tandems in Amarillo? Woohoo!

To be honest, Craigslist has been a bit of a bummer lately. As we reach the holiday season, fewer and fewer cool things have been popping up. I'd be sad about it, but it's a good time of year to avoid temptations.

Today, however, the Amarillo Craigslist offered up some big tempters for a dork like me:

Look at all that 2-wheeled goodness in one screen capture!

Oset motorcycles - yes, I'm a fan. Remember the Electric Hooliganism post from 2013? How about the Exhaust Pipes post from 2019? Both of those posts contain videos that show how amazingly capable the Osets are, and that 24" bike is actually right-sized for adults. Alright alright alright!!!

Yep, an Oset dealer just 125 miles away

The whole Oset line-up, but...

...what is that in the back?

Yes, I'm getting over the delusion that I'm built for bicycle trials, but just look at that thing! Surely I could be a vastly better curbhopper if I was riding that seatless marvel! Surely I could leap tall boulders in a single bound! I'd be the envy if all my bicycle trials buddies - if I had any.

But the coolest thing is just knowing that such a thing exists in this part of the world. Yep, this David guy in Amarillo has some very tempting machines to help you quietly climb over all kinds of things without burning a drop of gas or waking the neighbors. (It's always best to let sleeping neighbors lie.)

So, what more could a mesquite hugger want? Well, actually a bike that would haul all kinds of stuff would be nice. You know, a long bike that' d carry groceries and kids and dogs and pizza...but mostly dogs. A bike that could haul the 4-legged kids around would be pretty awesome.


This one may be cheating, but the listing shows Santa Fe/Amarillo, so maybe there's a free delivery thing or something. But I'm always looking for (but never finding) a longtail cargo bike that's close to home, and I imagine the owner spent a who lot of money for all those accessories and, well, maybe I need to stay off of Craigslist for a while.

Two Schwinns for $180 - not bad!

As for the cool old bicycles-built-for-two, my wife tells me she'd be coasting and eating bon bons on the back while I pedal. I think I will let those sleeping dogs lie.

May you find all kinds of eco-friendly stuff waiting for you in your own neck of the mesquites, and may you be well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)