Bicycle Distraction Day

after the storm there must be a calming
                                       Desmond Dekker and Leslie Kong

I've never really understood why people listen to the blues to get over their blues, but this week I've come closer. Yes, I know that upbeat music can be annoying when you're down, but depressing lyrics and minor chords, they don't lift me. So I decided to compromise a bit - how about depressing lyrics combined with some upbeat reggae music. (Yes, I am weird - reggae does not make me want to fire up a doob, but it sure makes me want to dance.) So, here's your soundtrack for 2WM Bicycle Distraction Day - Toots & the Maytals with "Time Tough":


Now that you have the tunes rolling, let's jump into this. 

Distraction #1: Jeepers, it's a Junto!

Cargo Bikes - you know how I love them big bikes. Today I learned about another cargo bike, but this one happens to be small. It's on Indiegogo for $999. I plan to write a bigger post about it soon, but for now, feast your ojos on the Junto Metro Mule. [It did throw me that it's pronounced "Jun-toe" instead of "Hoon-toe". Junto (together) just happens to be one of my favorite Spanish words.]


Distraction #2: A Blue Huffklunk on the YT

I found another cool guy bike dork human being who looked at the Huffy Cranbrook and thought to himself, That'd make a great klunker! Not only did he think it - he actually built it and youtubed about it. Jim, my hat's off to you - your HuffKlunk turned out much cooler than mine! I'd love to swing by to see your bike and laugh at each other's accent, but it's a long trip from Texas to Maine.


Distraction #3: Video Guide to DFW (& lots of other places) MTB Trails

If you've been reading 2WMaybe lately, you may have run across me and the HuffKlunk on the local mountain bike trail or you may have read about the recent visit to an electric bike shop in Fort Worth. With those recent posts rolling around in my head, it was pretty exciting to run across a very prolific youtuber/blogger who posts weekly about mtb trails, especially those in the DFW area. I had no idea there were so many trails in the metroplex. Snagit, I'm ready to go riding! Matt, thanks for taking us all along for the rides!


It's been a rough week. May you find little bits of distraction while not losing sight. I pray that you and I both have a better week. Be well, my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)