e-bike Adoration: Radwagon on Electrek (plus the Mesquite-Hugger-Radwagon Family Album!)

I am excited!

I looked on Electrek today and found a Radwagon article by one of my favorite e-bike journalists, Micah Toll. (You may also know Micah from e-Bike School, Vruzend Battery Kits, DIY Solar Power, and a plethora of other greenie projects.)

In the Mesquite Hugger/2Wheel universe, no singular vehicle has appeared in print more than the Radwagon. Not even the Citicar comes close. And it makes sense - I have not run across another vehicle that embodies the quest for an enjoyable, inexpensive, low-carbon personal hauler more than the big orange bike from Seattle(ish).

Micah Toll on the Radwagon (on Electrek.co)

Indeed, the Radwagon has been my yardstick for green vehicles since it hit the market. $1500 (shipped) gets you a machine that'll haul close to 400 pounds and let you enjoy the world immensely while not making you feel like you're on display in your own little people aquarium.

That guy looks familiar...

Every time I look at a green vehicle, I do a quick evalution to see how it stacks up to the big orange mile-muncher. Just this morning, I ran across a $6000 Nissan Leaf with a new battery and thought to myself, $6000 - that's just four Radwagons! A Radwagon would be more fun, and I would not have to register or insure it. It'd be a great way to get to work, run errands, and encourage others to go green; however, the family of roughly four might appreciate the Leaf's air conditioner, weather protection, and comfy seats. They're so narrow minded! Yes, that sort of self conversation happens a lot in my head.


Another thing that keeps me looking at the Radwagon is the glowing reviews from owners. Just read the comments on the Electrek article. Electrek readers never agree on anything, but the comments there let you know how highly people think of this particular machine.


I keep thinking I'm getting over the whole cargo bike jones, but then it kicks in again.


Dogs love cargo bikes love dogs!



The Otis electric van again!

From the Radwagon vs. EuroWagon Post

Please - replace my car!

I was so tempted!!!

One of many times the RW showed up on TH

(You could buy all of those for the same $ as one particular electric motorcycle)

The Radwagon shows up often in our morning coffee talk, too.

Okay, it's been a fun pedal-assisted stroll down the Radwagon memory (bike) lane. Thanks for riding along! May your eco-friendly dreams come true, amigos!

Comments

  1. So which one you getting for your bday THIS year??? I vote doggo friendly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)