Vintage Voltage: A Bit About Jet Industries EVs

From Mr. Rogers Neighborhood to the almighty CitiCar, one of our favorite sidelines around here at the Mesquite Hugger/2 Wheels Maybe Command Center is the quest to learn more about EVs from our not-so-distant past.

Today's installment started right down in the heart of Texas - Austin, the home of Jet Industries.

What a sexy line-up (Find it here)

For me, the fascination started with the Electravan. The tiny van got me. I love funky vans, I love tiny cars, I love EVs - the Electravan is all of those! And there're two added bonuses: it's street legal and it's from my home state. Yep, the Electravan and me - we be toit!

(Truth be told, this is the vintage electric car I want the most.)

A short Jet Industries history and anecdotal report on DIY Electric Car


The only one of these I've seen up for sale




May you find transportation that makes your inner eco-dork hum with joy!

PS. If you're intrigued by Jet Industries (you eco-dork!) be sure to check out U.S. Electricar (1976-1995) - a company with a very similar approach to EV building.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)