Interesting EV's on Dallas CL: 12 Wheels, 4 Wheels, 3 Wheels, and 2 Wheels



Taken on the Texas Tech campus

Earlier this week I posted a pic (on Mesquite Hugger) of a little electric Vantage GreenVan that D and I encountered as we were dropping off our recycling. And, as per usual, it sparked a lot of curiosity about oddball electric vehicles for me. So, I soon found a Vantage trio for sale on the Dallas Craigslist. They're in Aubrey, Texas, a little northeast of Denton.

Woohoo! $1333 each!

If only the little guys were fully street legal and a bit faster...

Two of three on one trailer!

I would not call them pretty, but, oh, the places you'll go fossil free!

While I was on the DFW CL, I had to poke around a bit and saw this electro-pumpkin just east of Dallas. I've seen it for sale before, but it always needed work to get it going. Now it's a runner and a runner at a pretty reasonable price. 


Sure, it won't haul as much as three Vantages, but it'll haul at least twice as fast and will incite random acts of slug-bug violence. (Click that link for official rules!) And it could be driven legally at 45 miles per hour - maybe even 50! Electro-Pumpkin-Schnitzel, Batman!

Room for more batteries!

I admit it, I've been dreaming of an electric Beetle for a while now. And they haven't called to tell me that I won the one that'll send Bill Nye into space (or something like that.) This one is downright tempting! And it's closer to the Mesquite Hugger budget. And it should be pretty easy to tow it back to the LBK. Snagit, why haven't I been banned from Craigslist yet? That boy needs therapy!

36 volts in the frunk - the other 36 must be behind the back seat. Sigh...

And since I was there I snagged a pic of the two electric DIY cycles for sale in Corsicana.

You may remember the trike post.

Okay, I better stop and go for an e-bike ride. It's time to clear my head a bit. All these electrons have me a little anxious. If you want to avoid temptation, avoid temptation. I tell myself that a lot. I'd better take several deep breaths and say it some more.

May you be smarter than I am. If you're not, though, please send of pics of you cruising the pumpkin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)