Fossil Free Friday: A Mini Mini-Electric-Tows-a-Big-Bird! Post

When I was kid growing up in Odessa, I never realized how cool it was that there were so many nifty old microcars around. (But I always thought they were the coolest.) I remember seeing one Messerschmitt driving, I located two BMW Isettas in backyards, and I drooled every time I saw the two Austin Minis. The first Mini was a Brtitish racing green Clubman Panel (across the street from Bowie Jr. High) and the second was an old Mini Cooper in full race mode - BBS wheels, fender flares, rally lights, and a racy three-tone paint job (blue, yellow, white). It even had racing numbers on the doors and lots of stickers in the quarter windows. (Strangely, it was also across the street from a junior high - Bonham.) So cool.

To this day, I still very badly want an old mini - but these days I want a classic electric Mini.


That's not to say I don't like modern Minis. I've test driven a handful of them and enjoyed them all, but they have not yet become as (or more) appealing as a classic Mini. But that may be changing...

For years now, BMW has been teasing us with the prospect of a widely available fully-electric Mini. They've offered up concept cars, show cars, and even some compliance cars, but they've never really put out a production e-Mini for the masses. But that is (hopefully) about to end. Just look at what they teased us with this week (on Electrek):


BMW, now you have our attention! May we all get excited about greener ways to get around! Now, where did I park my electric bike this time, snagit! Have a great weekend, and do your best to stay off the gas, friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Cannoli, Mongoose Man! The Envoy Cargo Bike is coming to the US!

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

Vintage Electro-Dorks: Check it out! Auranthetic Charger for Sale