A Quick Post about a Cargo Bike Bargain

[Happy first day of the National Bike Challenge! May you pedal healthily and joyfully, and may your bike haul all you need!]

When I think of cargo bikes, two brands automatically pop into my brain - Xtracycle and Yuba. These are the two companies that have been there designing and selling longtail cargo bikes for several years and they have stayed focused specifically on cargo bikes and cargo-bike kits. In my mind, these two are the cargo-bike kings of the hill.

For the last few years I've had my eye on one model - the Yuba Mundo Classic. At $999, it has continually been the best bang for the buck if you want high quality and low price. While it's not as high-tech (or light) as the more expensive Mundos, it's a beast that's capable of hauling 440 pounds and has a reputation for lasting year after year. If you're cheap like me, you know this is a great way into cargo biking.


I had not been on the Yuba site in a while, so I popped over to see what's new. What's new? A $200 discount on the Mundo Classic!

If you've been wanting a kid-hauler, a grocery-getter, or just a bike that'll haul you and your pet hippo-Labrador mix to the local swimming hole, this is the one. And at $799, it's a smoking bargain (without a smoking tailpipe.) The toughest part of this decision is whether to get an orange one or a black one. (Make mine orange, please.)


That's the quick share, but I mentioned Xtracycle, so I figured I better throw in their least expensive way to get into cargo biking - the Xtracycle Leap. For $599, you can slap this conversion kit onto your favorite bike and make it into a very, very capable longtail cargo bike. Check it out!


May any and every excuse not to ride evaporate and may we all find healthier choices!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)