A Couple of Used/Refurbed Simple e-Bike Holiday Deals

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, Friends!

A few posts back, I wrote about the virtues of a simple e-bike for commuting. The electric drivetrain makes a bicycle into a more consistent tool for getting to work while still getting some exercise but not arriving absolutely exhausted. Plus, and it's a HUGE plus in my book, you're not sitting in traffic burning gasoline.

I feel very fortunate to have one and wanted to share the opportunity with you when a few are on sale.


Early on, I was a big fan of the GenZe 100 Series. When it came out, it was technologically impressive and very competitive in pricing and features. After a few years, though, companies like Juiced and Rad started offering more powerful and flashier e-bikes at lower prices, and the GenZes fell off my radar for a bit. But I've still kept an eye on them and have remained impressed with their consistency and reputation for quality. A while back, I even had the opportunity to test ride one of their scooters, and I was very impressed!

eBike
I'd go with a stealthy black 350 watt! ($899 with free shipping)

So, if you're looking for a low-priced but high quality e-bike to smooth to get around town, this could be a great choice. (I hope you like black or silver.) If you're wondering which power level to choose, I'd recommend that anyone over 200 pounds should choose the 350 watt. Anyone under two hundred can base your choice on how much you love power - but 250 watts should be fine to get you around.

With the GenZe Nearly-New e-bikes, you can have a high quality e-bike delivered for a little (or a lot) less than $1,000. (They can even help with financing.) Just think of it - you could be commuting within a week and leaving the old gas guzzler in the driveway.

This next one may be a bit of a little cruel for me to post since it appears to be an in-person only sale, but maybe you're somewhere near Chula Vista or you're pretty persuasive on the phone but Juiced has a refurb e-bike sale going on this weekend, and at has the potential to yield some simple e-bikes from Juiced's past: the OceanCurrent, the CrossCurrent Air, and the U500 cargo bike.

my simple e-bike

My e-bike, the one that has really taught me the virtue of the simple e-bike, is a Juiced OceanCurrent. It's a big, uncomplicated beach cruiser that does what I need it to do. It's not a racer. It's not an off-roader. It's a simple bike that helps me get around with very little negative impact. And I enjoy the heck out of it! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid commuter for a great price.


(Not completely sure if it's online or in-person only)

Three Juiced Bikes that would be awesome simple commuters

Juiced also has several new e-bikes on sale for $400 off this weekend

Okay, that's enough for this post - the world is calling me away from the keyboard. I hope this helps in your quest to live a lot lighter and healthier!

May you be well and thankful!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)