LBK on a Bike: Every Day in April? Challenge Accepted!

After surviving Friday's folly at the skate park, I realized it's time to step up the riding - so I can ride more (or ride the same amount but go up and down some hills occasionally.) So I'm jumping on the one-month-straight goal. I am going to ride at least one mile each day this month.

From this morning's ride

I started yesterday with an evening klunker ride. Today I rode the Juiced to coffee, the bank, and work. So, hey, I'm already 1/15th of the way to 100%!

Besides, every day on the bike is a better day - one less car on the road and one more smiling dork taking sunrise pics. Win-win. And...

Lots of beautiful sunrises lately

...I joined the 30 Days of Biking Challenge and will be contributing to their chosen charitable organization - the World Bicycle Relief (one of my faves!)

If you'd like to join in on either or both, here are your links:



Garage Time Update

Over the weekend I had a little time to work on bikes. I replaced the skimpy tube on the back tire of the electric bike with a thorn-resistant tube. Even with the rear hub motor, it was a pretty easy task. Other than disconnecting the electrical plug-in, it was just like any other rear bicycle wheel on a multi-gear bike. 

Fixed the flat on the electric bike in under 20 minutes!

I also swapped out the broken freewheel, lengthened the chain, and repacked the bearings on the BMX bike. The bike is ready for the next microadventure. Let's hope the rider is!

I know I'm a day late in the offer, but come on - join the challenge! Get off your butt and pedal! You and the world will be better for it!

Be well, friends!

Ps. For those of you who love the idea of a one-month challenge but would rather procrastinate until June or you would rather raise money for beating childhood cancer, be sure to check out the Great Cycle Challenge:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)