TAD: Adventure trekking on a rented scooter?

Today is Tiny Adventure Day here on 2Wheels Maybe.

Yesterday I saw two articles about tiny adventures. The first was very inspiring on a personal get-out-there side...

Read the Treehugger article (but avoid the video)

...but then I watched the accompanying video and saw it wasn't in my real-world budget side(although my office mate explained her modularized garage storage setup that has her much more able to take off camping on a moment's notice, so maybe I just need to be realistic in scope and not be discouraged that I don't have a folding-bike/ultra-light-tent/inflatable-kayak section in my garage.)

Then I ran across a second tiny adventure article that involved very little prep and a pretty small $ investment. The cheapo adventure light in the birdhouse in my soul lit up! Just reading the article was enjoyable.


Your adventure map may be less dramatic

Yes, I get it, your Adventure Trek may not take you across the Golden Gate Bridge, but it still may help you to get over the There's never anything to do around here blues. Sometimes it's about the journey, sometimes it's about the destination, but this option helps to make it about both. How sweet is that? And you don't have to own your own electric vehicle!

Just pick a destination and go. The park for a picnic? That place with the amazing tiramisu? The biggest hill/hole in your town? The grocery store with the rocking Muzak? On a social-medium-du-jour-selfie-scavenger hunt? The sky (or its absence) is the limit!

Pick your adventure trekking lime! (Image from the Lime app)

I would definitely prefer the e-bike, but that makes me a minority in my household. I like baskets and big wheels - what can I say?


May your small outing be a huge adventure that doesn't run on gasoline!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)