Electric Two Wheelers: Post udpates and a few newbies

Let's just jump into it:

Convercycle


The Kickstarter was fully funded and closed, but you can still get one on Indiegogo for 40% off. Nope, I've never seen something listed on both, but the Convercycle fully funded on both crowdfunding sites. So, yes, you can still order yourself this transformer electric cargo bike for $1249 (before shipping) and can hope for it to be delivered this August. Dang, that thing is cool!

Fly Free Smart Motorcycle

The Old, The Classic, and the Desert (Click for original post)

Fly Free introduced the third in their new trilogy this week. The newest is the Smart Old. (Yes, I love oxymorons!) Basically, these three are the same bike, but they are all dressed in different clothes. I'm torn -the Classic is my favorite to look at, the old would fit most of my riding, but the Desert's tall bars would make my back like it best. (And my back has a loud voice when choosing a ride.)

As for specs, you'll be able to buy two different levels. The one-battery-pack model will go 40 mph and up to 50 miles, and the two-battery-pack model will go 50 mph and up to 100 miles. They'll hit Indiegogo soon and will start at $4200-ish in crowdfund pricing. Regular retail will be in the $7000 range. Very cool machines and very tempting for this mesquite hugger.

Rumble Cycle (Available now - no crowdfunding involved!)


This is one of those oddballs that has me as a fan. When you look at the combination of price, performance, and availability (along with hub-centered steering) this thing is hard to beat for an urban runabout. I received an email this week outlining the Winter Sale. Check it out!

Not bad for 44 mph and 50 mile range - and free worldwide shipping!
 
A new Electric Rumble? Cool!
 
While you're on the Rumble Motors site, be sure to check out their latest - The Rumble Scrambler. Very cool machine.

The CSC City Slicker


Nope, I haven't ever written about this one, but my mind keeps coming back to it. Right now, I think the CSC City Slicker is the best deal in the US for someone looking for an electric motorcycle for urban transport. And it looks like a lot of fun. It took me a bit to figure out why I don't want one. It's scale. The real issue is that I'm not that crazy about the bike it's loosely based on - the Honda Grom. I like it a lot (as far as gas burners go), but I don't want to actually ride one. When I see one in traffic, the rider is sitting so low that I fear pickup/SUV drivers just won't see them.

That puts it into perspective

Those two Hondas are very similar in specs, performance, and price. I'd love to have an electric version of the bigger one, but the little one - not so much. So, on paper, I love the City Slicker, but I like big wheels and I cannot...Well, you get the picture.

But...let's talk numbers and details:
  • $2495 with free shipping
  • 40-45-ish mph top speed
  • 40-50 mile range per charge
  • street legal
  • carries up to 330 pounds
  • lots of other cool stuff that I'm too lazy to list
Yep, on paper, the City Slicker is downright sexy for the eco-minded, budget-minded urban hooligans like me. (Yes, I know hooligan is a big stretch, but a mesquite hugger can dream.)

If your interest is piqued, check out Micah Toll's videos about unboxing and riding his CSC.

Okay, that's about enough for this week. May you ride clean and cheap, and may your inner hooligan rejoice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)