Good to be home - and pedaling! (May is Bike Month)

Lots of good stuff, indeed!

I spent a week in the Metroplex where it was green and luscious and rainy, and there was lots of good stuff, but it is good to be home with the people I love and the dogs (and on a lesser scale) it's good to be back on a bike.

It's funny - there's a buildup I feel when I don't ride, when I don't write, when I don't spend some time outside. And this week it was worse. The first four days of this year's National Bike Challenge I spent in a motel with no bike.


But this morning, I hopped on the old black bike and pedaled away, and things felt right. And I saw squirrels, sparrows, dove, starlings, grackles, robins, and even a pair of house finches. And there was no rush of traffic. And I pulled up to a big, empty bike rack. And it's good to be home.


Man, it's good to be home! May you know the feeling and may May be good to you!

Comments

  1. It's good to have you home! Now let's locate that folding bike so you have no limits! GO BIKE MONTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Daniel. I always loved coming in to Lubbock from the east. Knowing that my bike was waiting for me would only make it better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)