Turn-Key Vintage E-Scooters and a Little German Divine Intervention

[2 Wheels Maybe is actually an offshoot from my other blog - Mesquite Hugger. You may notice that a lot of ideas and posts stem from there. This is definitely one of those.]

I subscribe to lots of vendor emails. It's a great way to keep up with what's happening in the green vehicle world. Most of those emails show up in English, but not always.

This week, one rolled in from Germany -  and it was a little hard to read. But the pictures helped me get the gist.

Visual translation: Angels ride cool electric scooters!

Actual translation 

Visual translation: Jesus wants me to ride an electric scooter!
Actual translation
I am actually pretty fond of number 6. Benzinjunkies, by the way, are gasoholics - people addicted to gasoline.


A Schwalbe (or Swallow), by the way, is a vintage German scooter that is now being produced as a rather nifty electric scooter. You can check them out here:  myschwalbe.com/en. I've been a fan for a while, but I've become a bigger fan since learning they are now offering a version that is capable of 55mph.

Speaking of a new old Euro-scoots, the CZ Cezeta Type 501 (an old Czech scooter) has been reborn as a modern electric vehicle - the Type 506. This week I ran across a rather confident post about it on Endless Sphere.


No lack of confidence there

And, since we're throwing out the vintage Euro scoots, I figured I might as well throw in the old Vespas and Lambrettas being resto-modded and electrified in Vietnam.



And the new Vespa-inspired scooter from SSC:



The Buzz is still in development, but it looks like it'll be available in four versions ranging from 1000 watts to 5000 unholy watts of power! I look forward to seeing one of these in the real world!

Okay, that's probably enough for today. How about you - which (if any) would you ride?

May you prosper in dissuading the benzinjunkies that surround you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)