Fossil Free Friday: I saw the wrong thing - An Electric Kia Oddball

[Imaginary Fossil Free Friday bonus points for anyone who visits all six clickable links.]

Do you ever feel like you're looking in the wrong direction? Maybe you're walking along looking at a bug in the grass while not noticing the alligator walking down the street? I do that sort of thing a lot. Every day I find my nose pointed in the wrong direction to see what everyone else is gawking at.

Snagit Kia! I want the little blue beast!

Kia put out a new electric car ad this week. And it made me happy until the plot turned and I realized I had been looking at the bug in the grass while they had the (really cool) alligator parked in the  garage.


I saw the little blue car and immediately started having Logan's Run fantasies - I've had a lot more of those since visiting the fountains in Fort Worth. But I saw the wedge front end and was thrilled to see a modern incarnation of my beloved Citicar. And I saw the digital readouts in the cozy cabin and thought how sweet it would be to have that car as my around-town commuter. Sigh...

Sorry, dear - I'd drive it!

(Yes, I feel sorry for my wife, too. She has put up with the ever-present fear of what I'll drag home next for a lot of years now.)

I'd definitely order the optional brakes! (with regen!)

But then there's the plot twist where my dream car runs out of juice and starts rolling backwards. It seems my dream car has no brakes, none whatsoever. Then the fantasy ends and the "real" electric car is revealed.


The commercial turned out to be for the Kia Niro EV, which is a legitimate and very desirable (and affordable) crossover SUV with 240 miles of range. It's a car-thing that I've wanted since it was announced - a car that will easily do our local running about and realistically get us to the Metroplex to see the fabulous young woman without burning a drop of gasoline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)