In with the New - a New (Lower-cost) Face in the Yuba Cargo Bike Line-up

For those of you who were profoundly disappointed that this year's Holiday Sale post contained almost no cargo bikes (I'm still deeply disappointed too), I thought I'd offer up my new favorite inexpensive Yuba.

But first, we have to say goodbye to my old favorite inexpensive Yuba - the Mundo Classic.

The Real-Deal-Steel-Steal Longtail Cargo Bike (was $999)

The Mundo has been the quintessential longtail cargo bike in my cargo bike dreams, and the $999 Mundo Classic has played a crucial role in my cargo bike scheming. But now it's gone. (You can still get a Mundo, but the lowest-price version is now the $1800 Mundo Lux (which, to be fair, is a much nicer bike.)

When the Mundo Classic disappeared from the website I let out a great sigh.

But then I clicked on the Compact Cargo page and found a new Yuba - the Kombi. And I felt better.

The new (to me) $999 Yuba Kombi

So, now the world feels right-ish again. I can still order a $999 Yuba that'll haul stuff and this one won't take up as much space in the overcrowded garage. And it comes in yellow. It weighs 50 pounds, has disc brakes, and can haul up to 440 pounds. And it has the Yuba 2-year warranty and the Yuba reputation for building really great cargo bikes. It's a pretty cool addition to the Yuba line-up.

It does raise questions about the future of the sexiest of all cargo bikes - the Boda Boda stepover. I mean, if there're now two compact (midtail) cargo bikes in the Yuba line, will the Boda Boda go away soon? (They already phased out he cool black one with off-road tires and such.) 

 
The $1499 Yuba Boda Boda step-over (How cool is that?)

The $3200 Boda Boda Electric (In case you're into that sort of thing.)

The $1499 Boda Boda Step-thru (In case you're into that sort of thing.)

Okay, so that's about it - a really long post to announce that's there's a new, lower-priced Yuba on the block, and it's pretty cool.


May you find a better way to haul your stuff around, may it fit in your budget, and may your dog enjoy the ride too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)