Vintage Electro-Dorks: Check it out! Auranthetic Charger for Sale


Finding cool stuff for sale - I think it's self punishment for something. I've been doing well clearing out the garage this year. Two cars have left.  No cars, motorcycles, or scooters have been purchased. I've even been clearing out the backyard shed. So, why do I keep going back to Craigslist?

We'll just say it's blog research. Yeah...that's it!

While "blog researching" this week, the vintage electro-dork in me heard a siren song coming from the Dallas area. It may not be impressive in stature, but this is a real-deal, Made-in-America, street-legal, electric motorcycle from 1973. Four decades before you could buy a Zero, you could buy this California cruiser and ride gas-free. 



$400 or best offer - you seldom see them this cheap or complete!

Those handlebars remind me of my dog's ears

Fully functional? Awesome!

[80's Montage Break]

Immediately I pictured myself rolling around town high-fiving all the college kids on Groms and Ruckuses and rented Birds. Survivor music was playing in the background. My beard (which is only 1/2" long) was waving in the breeze. I was the envy of all the other vintage electro-dorks in town! (Yes, I know they don't exist, but this is my montage, snagit!)

Okay, back to reality. I'm reciting my No new projects mantra and jonesing for a week in the garage with the Voloci, the Silver Pigeons, the Klunker, and the trials bicycle. No new projects. Ohm. No new projects. Ohm. No new projects. Ohm. No new projects. Ohm. No new projects. Ohm. No new projects. Ohm.

For those of you who don't know about or want to know more about the Auranthetic Charger, info out on the web is pretty sketchy, but you can check out Ted Dillard's post on The Electric Chronicles: Power in Flux. And you can check out this old Mesquite Hugger post that'll send you over to EVAlbum.com.

May one of you other three vintage electro-dorks snap up this rather nifty piece of electric motorcycling history. (And may the rest of you have a great day!)

Comments

  1. Hahaha I adore you Electoro-dork!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested. Please call me 541 200 9278. My name is Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya. I live in vancouver b.c. i just traded a mobility scooter for two of these bikes. One of them had registration. So now i have licensed and insured it. Driving it around town .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally - tackling the No-Weld, Longtail DIY Cargo Bike (for hopefully less than $100)

New Turn-Key Klunkers (Or DIY your own)

A Return to Low $ Turn-Key Klunkers (Under $500)